Cheers to 10 Years!
Aug 08, 2012
Bohanan’s Celebrates a Delicious Decade
In August 2002, a new steakhouse hit historic Houston Street. With a robust fine dining menu of Japanese Akaushi steaks, mesquite-grilled prime aged center cuts of Midwestern corn-fed beef, and an impressive selection of fresh seafood, Bohanan’s Prime Steaks and Seafood quickly became a household name in the Alamo City.
Ten years later, Bohanan’s raises its glass to a delicious decade of success. “I am so proud to toast to 10 wonderful years in downtown San Antonio,” says Owner and Executive Chef Mark Bohanan. “Our commitment to our customers, city and community are unwavering, and I can only hope that the next decade will be as meaningful and vibrant as the last 10 years have been.”
Making History on Houston Street
From the creation of Bohanan’s Restaurant & Bar in 2009 to spearheading the first inaugural San Antonio Cocktail Conference in January 2012, this Alamo City favorite has become much more than your go-to steakhouse. Here are some of the highlights from the past decade:
• Bohanan’s Restaurant & Bar – November 2009 – Chef Mark Bohanan opens Bohanan’s Restaurant & Bar, a 19th century bar with an elegant and intimate atmosphere offering premium cocktails and spirits.
• Rey Feo LXIII Men’s Night Out – May 2010 – Bohanan’s hosts Rey Feo LXIII Men’s Night Out, a “steak and cigar” event for men which benefited the Rey Feo Scholarship Program.
• Sasha Petraske – May 2010 – Chef Mark Bohanan brings in New York’s very own Sasha Petraske to conduct his highly acclaimed seminar, “Cocktails for the Home Cocktail Party.”
• Cocktails on Canvas – May 2011 – Bohanan’s introduces Cocktails on Canvas with new, artfully-crafted cocktails and art by Louis Vega Trevino. Proceeds benefited SAY Sí, a non-profit arts program that provides students opportunities to develop artistic and social skills.
• Holidays on Houston Street – December 2011 – Bohanan’s brings the holiday spirit downtown with decorations, lights, food and art at its Holidays on Houston Street event. Proceeds benefited SAY Sí and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa San Antonio Hospital.
• San Antonio Cocktail Conference 2012 – January 2012 – Chef Bohanan creates the first inaugural San Antonio Cocktail Conference, a four-day event filled with educational seminars, classes, tastings and more, with expert bartenders flying in from all across the United States and even as far away as Australia. Full conference proceeds benefited HeartGift San Antonio.
• Got Medal? – April 2012 – Bohanan’s hosts Got Medal? event with the San Antonio River Foundation and Rio San Antonio Cruises, each unveiling its Fiesta 2012 medal. The event also featured the Rio Snap cocktail, created specifically for Fiesta with proceeds benefiting the River Foundation.
Mark Your Calendar
You won’t want to miss these exciting upcoming events!
• Art to the Power of Ten at The McNay Art Museum – Friday, Sept. 7 – The McNay Art Museum hosts its second annual Art to the Power of Ten event and Bohanan’s Restaurant & Bar is the evening’s primary culinary sponsor. Just as an artist paints on a canvas, the mixologists of Bohanan’s create works of art. The specialty ingredients, passion and thoughtfulness that go into producing a unique craft cocktail mirror the originality, emotion and attention to detail that make up a masterpiece.
• An “Old-fashioned” Evening at Satel’s – Thursday, Nov. 1 – Experience an evening of fashion and cocktails with a Mad Men-inspired event at Satel’s. With scotch and bourbon at the bar and charming music in the air, the night will benefit HeartGift San Antonio and showcase the cocktail crafts of beloved Bohanan’s Restaurant & Bar.
• San Antonio Cocktail Conference 2013 –
Jan. 17-20, 2013 – If you’re thirsty for cocktails, be sure to mark your calendar for the second annual San Antonio Cocktail Conference. What can you expect? This year’s event will be bigger and better than before with classes, tastings, expert bartenders and even more evening soirees and after parties. Full conference proceeds will benefit HeartGift San Antonio.
Let’s Raise a Glass
Whether Bohanan’s is partnering with a local nonprofit organization to raise awareness or mixing up new, inventive cocktails to shake things up downtown, this beloved restaurant and bar has brought new meaning to fine dining.
Chef Mark Bohanan has dedicated the past 10 years to not only serving guests an experience that blends Texas spirit with old world charm but has made a name for himself in the community, not only as an extraordinary chef, but as a philanthropist, educator and innovative promoter of Downtown San Antonio.
Cheers to 10 years!
Bohanan's Prime Steaks & Seafood is located in the Heart of Historic downtown San Antonio at 221 East Houston Street. Linger over lunch, available downstairs Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. or enjoy dinner, available downstairs and upstairs, beginning at 5 p.m. Valet service is available for Lunch & Dinner. Telephone: 210-472-2600; Catering: 210-885-0538. http://www.bohanansbar.com